Our site is situated on an airfield mostly on flat ground. Some areas are on tarmac, but most areas are on grass. Whilst we make every effort to make our site accessible, due to the nature of the site some areas may not be suitable for customers with restricted mobility. We are committed to ensuring IWM Duxford is accessible to all visitors, and hope the facilities we have introduced enhance your visit:
- Large Format Visit Map – printer friendly
- A free site transport vehicle is available upon request throughout the day for visitors, with space for wheelchairs
- A warm welcome to Guide dogs and registered assistance dogs, water bowls can be provided at the Visitor Centre.
- 19 designated parking bays for blue badge holders, with further bays available at our air shows. Please see our Air Show Accessibility page for more information.
- Accessible toilets and baby changing facilities are available throughout the site, with additional facilities provided at air shows and some events.
- Audio description on the Historic Duxford trail.
- British Sign Language (BSL) interpretation of films in AirSpace and the Historic Duxford exhibition.
- Subtitles are shown on most audio-visual presentations.
- Induction Loops Systems are fitted in the Visitor Centre admissions desk and shop, Historic Duxford Trail, AirSpace, American Air Museum and Historic Duxford.
- Transcript booklets are available for the audio points in AirSpace and Historic Duxford.
- Seating is available throughout the site.
- If you have any queries or need any assistance on site, please ask. We will be more than happy to help you.
For more detailed access information please see our Access for All (PDF) information booklet to help you plan your visit. Download Adobe PDF Reader. If you have any queries or would like to discuss any access issues please contact us.